Rochester RHIO is a secure electronic health information exchange (HIE) dedicated to serving New York’s Greater Finger Lakes region, including Monroe, Allegany, Cayuga, Chemung, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates counties. Its suite of services allow health care professionals to securely and rapidly share records across institutions and practices, making patient information available wherever and whenever needed to provide the highest quality care. Patients benefit from fewer repeated tests, missing records and errors, while receiving more informed care during office visits and emergencies. RHIO's health information exchange process more than seven million clinical messages a month for 1.4 million residents. RHIO is a Qualified Entity of the Statewide Health Information Network of New York (SHIN-NY). For more information, call our Support Center at 1-877-865-7446 (RHIO).
What is health information exchange (HIE)? Health information exchange is the process of sharing health information electronically. As a noun, a health information exchange, or HIE, is an organization that provides technology and services to allow their stakeholders to securely share health information (Source: strategichie.com).
Past RHIO Reports (Newsletters)
- News 8 WROC: Local Community Organizations Release Report on Health of Region
- 2013: Rochester Health Information Organization
- 11/06/19: $1 Million from New York Helps Health Care Providers Connect to Rochester RHIO, Improving Electronic Records and Care
- 10/02/19: Rochester RHIO Publishes Pioneering White Paper on Cross-Sector Data Exchange
- 8/13/19: URMC Center for Community Health & Prevention: Collaboration Makes Comprehensive Health Data Available to Public in Unique Way
- 7/23/19: Stella Technology's Prism Analytics Platform Powers Inaugural Rochester RHIO Population Health Report
- 6/19/19: Eye-Opening Report Measures Health of the Finger Lakes Region (Commissioned by Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce)
- 5/30/19: Rochester RHIO Appoints Harary as Chief Financial Officer
- 4/25/19: Rochester RHIO & HealthVantics Announce New Hires
- 2/22/19: Rochester RHIO publishes annual report to community
- 11/14/18: Rochester RHIO and Jewish Senior Life Partner to Share Data and Build a Better Patient Record
- 10/12/18: New York Helping Health Care Providers Connect to Rochester RHIO, Improving Electronic Records and Care
- 7/26/18: Rochester RHIO Helps CDC Identify Impact of HPV Vaccine through Project with University of Rochester
- 7/10/18: SHIEC Establishes Social Determinants of Health Focus, Led by Jill Eisenstein, Rochester RHIO CEO
- 2017 Rochester RHIO Participant Satisfaction Survey Results are in!
- 3 Best Practices for Rochester RHIO's MyResults Delivered
- A strong Return on Investment: Supporting regional healthcare delivery for our Veterans
- Access eMOLST with one click
- Announcing the Patient Care Network!
- Are you required to connect to the SHIN-NY? A webinar for regulated facilities
- Contribute data to the Rochester RHIO today: 3 reasons why
- Explore application goes electronic
- Important Changes to Specially Protected Substance Use Data through Rochester RHIO
- Important: Don't get locked out of your account!
- Improved printing capabilities added to RHIO Explore
- *Just so you know...
- Lifespan demonstrates the power of community data through Rochester RHIO
- New public health information available
- Over 20 new data sources added in October!
- RHIO Explore users can look up statewide data
- RHIO Spotlight: Health Home Care Managers impact lives with MyAlerts service
- RHIO Spotlight: Pembroke Family Medicine
- RHIO Spotlight: Starbridge begins using RHIO Explore
- Rochester RHIO Appoints Harary as Chief Financial Officer
- Rochester RHIO Becomes HITRUST Certified
- Rochester RHIO data at the heart of Weill Cornell Medicine Study
- Rochester RHIO part of JAMIA study
- Solution Spotlight: RHIO Alerts
- Solution Spotlight: RHIO Explore continues to expand
- Solution Spotlight: Transfer to PACs service improves image data interoperability
- Update your contact information to streamline communication
- Usage of Rochester RHIO services shows significant growth
- Vendors available for C-CDA contribution
- Welcoming new data sources!
- Welcoming new Data Sources! (Q2, Q3 2018)
- Welcoming New Data Sources in 2019
- What's new: Statewide Alerts!
- Your Help is Requested to Complete the SHIN-NY Customer Satisfaction and Usage Survey!
- zz Archived Online Content
- Ensuring Quality Data
- Community Health Indicators Report: A Focus on Blood Pressure
- RHIO Leaders Attend National SHIEC Conference in Maryland
- Medical Director's Corner: Gutchek.com