Rochester RHIO is a secure electronic health information exchange (HIE) dedicated to serving New York’s Greater Finger Lakes region, including Monroe, Allegany, Cayuga, Chemung, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates counties. Its suite of services allow health care professionals to securely and rapidly share records across institutions and practices, making patient information available wherever and whenever needed to provide the highest quality care. Patients benefit from fewer repeated tests, missing records and errors, while receiving more informed care during office visits and emergencies. RHIO's health information exchange process more than seven million clinical messages a month for 1.4 million residents. RHIO is a Qualified Entity of the Statewide Health Information Network of New York (SHIN-NY). For more information, call our Support Center at 1-877-865-7446 (RHIO).
What is health information exchange (HIE)? Health information exchange is the process of sharing health information electronically. As a noun, a health information exchange, or HIE, is an organization that provides technology and services to allow their stakeholders to securely share health information (Source: strategichie.com).
Past RHIO Reports (Newsletters)
- 11/14/18: Rochester RHIO and Jewish Senior Life Partner to Share Data and Build a Better Patient Record
- 10/12/18: New York Helping Health Care Providers Connect to Rochester RHIO, Improving Electronic Records and Care
- 7/26/18: Rochester RHIO Helps CDC Identify Impact of HPV Vaccine through Project with University of Rochester
- 7/10/18: SHIEC Establishes Social Determinants of Health Focus, Led by Jill Eisenstein, Rochester RHIO CEO
- 5/23/18: Regional Healthcare Community Gives Rochester RHIO High Marks
- 3/27/18: Community-Based Organizations Contribute Secure Data to Rochester RHIO, Leading to Better Healthcare
- 2/13/18: New Study Shows Patient Care Alerts Nearly Doubled In One Year (SHIN-NY) (PR Newswire)
- 1/14/18: Lifespan Demonstrates The Power Of Community Data Through Rochester RHIO (NYeC Public Now)
- 2017 Rochester RHIO Participant Satisfaction Survey Results are in!
- 3 Best Practices for Rochester RHIO's MyResults Delivered
- Access eMOLST with one click
- Are you required to connect to the SHIN-NY? A webinar for regulated facilities
- Contribute data to the Rochester RHIO today: 3 reasons why
- Explore application goes electronic
- Important: Don't get locked out of your account!
- Improved printing capabilities added to RHIO Explore
- *Just so you know...
- Lifespan demonstrates the power of community data through Rochester RHIO
- RHIO Explore users can look up statewide data
- RHIO Spotlight: Health Home Care Managers impact lives with MyAlerts service
- RHIO Spotlight: Pembroke Family Medicine
- RHIO Spotlight: Starbridge begins using RHIO Explore
- Rochester RHIO data at the heart of Weill Cornell Medicine Study
- Solution Spotlight: RHIO Alerts
- Solution Spotlight: RHIO Explore continues to expand
- Solution Spotlight: Transfer to PACs service improves image data interoperability
- Update your contact information to streamline communication
- Usage of Rochester RHIO services shows significant growth
- Over 20 new data sources added in October!
- A strong Return on Investment: Supporting regional healthcare delivery for our Veterans
- Welcoming new data sources!
- Welcoming new Data Sources! (Q2, Q3 2018)
- A word about Open Notes and DEIP funding
- New public health information available
- What's new: Statewide Alerts!
- Announcing the Patient Care Network!
- Rochester RHIO part of JAMIA study
- zz Archived Online Content
- Vendors available for C-CDA contribution
- Your Help is Requested to Complete the SHIN-NY Customer Satisfaction and Usage Survey!
- Rochester RHIO Becomes HITRUST Certified
- Important Changes to Specially Protected Substance Use Data through Rochester RHIO