Job Description: Marketing and Communications Intern
Reports To: Communications Director
Location: Rochester, NY
Job Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Flexible Scheduling Available
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a great opportunity to learn about healthcare in the Rochester and Finger Lakes regions!
As the trusted data steward for secure health information exchange, Rochester RHIO is one of the most respected, trusted and successful health information exchanges in the United States. Rochester RHIO serves 14 counties in the greater Finger Lakes Region and 1.5 million residents. At Rochester RHIO, we love connecting with talented people who get excited about making a difference in patient care with health data.
Our intern, entry-level experience provides professional-level learning in the following areas:
- Digital Communications
- Website Management
- Copy Writing
- Marketing Inventory
Communications & Digital Marketing Responsibilities
- Update and post supervised content to social media channels for Rochester RHIO.
- Create content for company website as requested as requested
- Write content for company newsletter that goes out to external audiences
- Manage Email Marketing Contact Lists
- Ordering & maintaining inventory for marketing supplies as needed
- Organize marketing/educational materials
- Basic office duties as assigned.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Intern Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program to receive credit
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google products
- Must be 18 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Extra curricular activities or volunteer work (preferred)
More About the Company: Health information exchange services allow a medical care team to share records across institutions and practices, making patient information available wherever and whenever needed to provide the best care. Patients benefit from fewer repeated tests, easier second opinions, and a reduced risk of mistakes caused by poor handwriting or incomplete records, and more informed care during office visits and emergencies. Rochester RHIO is a Qualified Entity of the Statewide Health Information Network of New York (SHIN-NY), and was founded in 2006. You can learn more at https://rochesterrhio.org.
Rochester RHIO is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity at our organization.