Job Description: Network/Systems Engineer
Job Title: Network/Systems Engineer
Reports To: Network Operations Center Manager
Location: Rochester, NY
Remote/Hybrid Work Options Available.
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As the trusted data steward for secure health information exchange, Rochester RHIO is one of the most respected, trusted and successful health information exchanges in the United States. Rochester RHIO serves 14 counties in the greater Finger Lakes Region and 1.5 million residents. At Rochester RHIO, we love connecting with talented people who get excited about making a difference in patient care with health data.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management and configuration of virtual and cloud environments*
- Configure and maintain firewalls for the organization’s and data centers’ networks, including IDS and IPS monitoring integration*
- Configure and maintain complex switching environments*
- Configure and maintain wireless networking and VPN that supports secured access to business applications*
- Administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users*
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot complex HTTP/HTTPS and TCP/IP traffic via Brocade Load Balancer, AlertLogic Web Application Firewall and NGINX Proxy Server*
- Perform Linux, Windows servers administrative activities*
- Perform troubleshooting of network and system problems*
- Diagnose, isolate, troubleshoot and fix technical issues under pressure*
- Train, comply with and improve operation procedures
- Participate in capacity planning
- Contribute to the continuous improvements of the secure and scalable applications and services offered by the RHIO
- Participate in the continuous improvements of cybersecurity controls
- Participate in the continuous improvements of the Platform monitoring and logging functions
- Participate in the continuous improvements of the Platform for the business continuity and effective disaster recovery
- Any other infrastructure task that might be required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of
- Thorough understanding of IP Networks
- Firewalls, switches, routers and other network equipment (Cisco, Fortinet)
- VPN, Load Balancer, Web Application Firewall (NGINX, AlertLogic)
- Windows, Linux Servers administration
- Web Server(s) concepts and administration
- Security concepts
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; and five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer certification is strongly preferred.
Specialized Training Skills
- Security and HIPAA compliance in networked solution
- Experience with AlertLogic Web Application Firewall and/or Brocade or NGINX Load Balancer
- Strong understanding of Amazon Web Services Virtual and Cloud environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate about security and privacy and keep confidentiality
More About the Company: Health information exchange services allow a medical care team to share records across institutions and practices, making patient information available wherever and whenever needed to provide the best care. Patients benefit from fewer repeated tests, easier second opinions, and a reduced risk of mistakes caused by poor handwriting or incomplete records, and more informed care during office visits and emergencies. Rochester RHIO is a Qualified Entity of the Statewide Health Information Network of New York (SHIN-NY), and was founded in 2006. You can learn more at https://rochesterrhio.org.
Rochester RHIO is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity at our organization.