2019: Our Annual Report to the Community
Rochester RHIO is a trusted and essential resource for secure electronic health information dedicated to serving 1.5 million residents of the greater Finger Lakes region of Upstate New York. Take 2 minutes to watch how we help support the highest quality of care.
Letter from our CEO
For more than a decade, Rochester RHIO has been at the forefront of health information exchange (HIE) technology, policy and implementation. Marked by close collaboration with partners throughout the region, across New York State and even extending nationwide, the past year carried us further along the journey of building the value of HIE in our 14 county region., including:
- Publication of the inaugural Community Health Indicators Report, with clinical data gathered by the RHIO used to track key population health measures and support public analysis and regional health improvement efforts.
- Pioneering a legal framework for systems integration with the Cross-Sector Data Exchange: Data Use and Legal Privacy whitepaper, which explores mechanisms for data sharing while addressing issues and opportunities.
- Battling the opioid crisis and substance use in our communities by engaging public health, corrections, and health homes in an innovative data exchange collaboration.
- Working side-by-side with state and county governments and emergency services organizations, ensuring critical data is available in times of crisis.
- Expanding and standardizing clinical data gathered and shared, enabling better decision making every day for the benefit of 1.4 million residents in the Rochester and Finger Lakes regions.
What’s more remarkable is that despite how far we have traveled together, the future holds even greater promise. Increasingly advanced generation, collection, protection, analysis, and sharing of health data will prove to be one of the most significant catalysts for improved healthcare and health status over the coming decade.
It’s a privilege to serve as the trusted community steward for this essential digital treasure, as well as an ally in finding new pathways to maximize its value for individuals and responsible, likeminded organizations. We’re enthusiastic about what’s ahead, and hope you’ll share that sentiment after reading a few inspiring stories that speak to our incredible progress and limitless potential.
President and CEO
Population Health | 2 minute read.
Privacy & Compliance | 2 minute read
Community Partnership & Service | 1 minute read
Emergency Preparedness | 1 minute read
Data Quality & Data Governance | 1 minute read
SAMHSA, Part 2 Data Exchange | 2 minute read
Data Sources & Expansion | 1 minute read