CEO and President Job Description
Location: Rochester, New York
Position Title: CEO and President
Company Name: Rochester RHIO
Job Function: CEO
Job Type: Full-Time
Send resumes to email@example.com.
The Rochester RHIO CEO leads an organization that is a trusted community leader in the management of health data and health information exchange. This not-for-profit organization supports the regional healthcare ecosystem across 14 counties in the greater Finger Lakes Region. The CEO collaborates with regional stakeholders to create the vision and strategy to lead an organization that is a data steward of healthcare information for 1.5 million residents.
Chief Executive Officer for Rochester RHIO including three subsidiaries, including one overseas organization. Works with Board of Directors, community partners and stakeholders to create organizational strategies and innovative solutions to support the regional healthcare ecosystem.
10+ years in a senior leadership position working with health information exchange (HIE) technology and policy at the state or federal level, or other relevant
Bachelor’s degree (minimum).
Key Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Engages and builds trusted partnerships with community organizations, a diverse group of key stakeholders and participants at the executive level.
- Convenes, collaborates and continuously engages stakeholders and partners in the regional healthcare
- Leads organization’s overall strategy, and creates internal and external focus on
- Able to navigate and manage effectively within a matrix organizational and governance
- Establishes financial practices and systems for Rochester RHIO including funding from grants and stakeholders as well as developing an ongoing sustainability
- Serves as the Rochester RHIO spokesperson for the media, as a highly credible expert on health data and health information
- Oversees compliance with all applicable national, state and industry standards for Rochester RHIO including HIPAA, SAMHSA, NYS regulation and policy, healthcare information technology, and healthcare information exchange privacy and security
- Monitors all projects within the organization to support key deadlines and assess
- Identifies opportunities to support organizational sustainability and responds to public and private requests for proposals and grant
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversees the Senior Leadership Team, who supervise organizational departments. Is responsible for the overall direction of these teams. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required, and more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Risk Designation: Medium Risk. Employee has limited access to PHI, PII, company- confidential, or financial information without any ability to make changes to these data types.
Network Assignment: Alternate. Limited network access to systems containing PHI - Admin, Community Services, Finance, Legal
About Rochester RHIO: Rochester RHIO is a community health information exchange (HIE) dedicated to serving 14 counties in New York’s greater Finger Lakes region. Its suite of services allows health care professionals to securely and rapidly access records across institutions and practices, making patient information available wherever and whenever needed to support the highest quality care. Patients benefit from fewer repeated tests, missing records and errors, while receiving more informed care during office visits and emergencies. RHIO's health information exchange processes more than 7 million clinical messages a month for 1.5 million residents. RHIO is a Qualified Entity of the Statewide Health Information Network of New York (SHIN-NY).
Rochester RHIO is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity at our organization.